Tuesday 18 December 2012

Elemis Skincare Routine - Review

Thinking about using Elemis as part of your daily skincare routine?             




For the past two months I have noticed my skin developing a few out of the ordinary pimples and spots around my chin and forehead. I have never really suffered from any major bad skin problems, just a few spots that might come and go within a couple of days. I normally try to blame it on exams, lack of sleep or boy stress!

I think the recent breakouts I have been experiencing are probably down to the weather, after all the North East of England is not the most skin friendly place in the winter eeek!

Anyways, I thought it's about time I jumped back on the cleanse, tone and moisturise wagon and invest some of my time (yes I have been quite lazy and reached for a boots make up wipe at night) and money into finding a skincare routine which worked for me!


My first impressions of Elemis are pretty good. They have clean, simple and professional looking bottles and packaging, which is a good sign because it made me feel confident that the products might be worth the money. On the Elemis website and on the back of their bottles it states 'defined by nature, led by science'. I thought this was a little cheesy but again, it gave me confidence that these were good quality products.

Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash

200ml - £29
  


First i'll start with the cleanser. As you can see by the bottle this facial wash is anti-ageing. I just would like to reassure you all that I'm only 20 years old and ageing is not something I am worrying about just yet ;) The lady who served me said this was one of the best face washes that they sell and one of the most popular, which attracted me straight to it! Also, she told me that my skin would be fine using a product which was also designed for more mature skin types. 

When I first used the facial wash, I found the product very runny. It had a texture similar to a moisturiser which I wasn't too impressed about as I wasted half of the application in the sink as it ran through my fingers. It doesn't seem to build up many bubbles which made me question was my skin really clean?

After a grim start with this facial wash, I did start to see improvements with my skin after about 5 days of using the product morning and night. My skin looked brighter, softer and almost brand new! I had been using this with the toner and moisturiser which I have reviewed before but I really do think this facial wash has played a huge part in improving my skin.

Elemis Skincare Balancing Lavender Toner

200ml - £21


When I first squeezed the first application of the toner on to a cotton pad I was instantly hit with a beautiful scent of calming lavender. The scent is not too overpowering and did not make my eyes water or skin tingle when I was applying the toner. The fact that there is no tingle on my skin, especially around the eye area really did appeal to me as my skin is very sensitive when I use products which are quite potent. The toner left my skin feeling balanced (not oily and not dry) and refreshed.

As I mentioned in the previous section reviewing the Elemis Facial Wash, I thought that the wash did not make my skin feel 100% clean after washing. I believe using the toner after washing my face really did give it that extra clean.

Elemis Maximum Moisture Day Cream

50ml - £38

                                       

I am not going to lie, I was a little apprehensive about spending this much money on a moisturiser that I hadn't heard much about. Besides, I was very happy with my Origins 'A Perfect World' Moisturiser that I was not going to purchase this but I thought since I'm trying out the other Elemis products I may as well try out the full wham!

When I first applied this moisturiser to my already cleansed and toned skin, I noticed a little really does go a long way. You literally need a pea sized amount to cover your full face. No lie! This was enough for my face and neck! The product spread nicely over my face and dried quickly, but not quick enough for your skin to feel rough. The scent of the moisturiser is noticeably different to the toner, it is not heavily scented but it does have a clean and natural smell about it.

I can honestly say that I have been very pleased with the results from all of the products. I'm not entirely sure whether one product worked  better than the other, but by using all these products together I achieved clean, fresh and clear skin. I don't tend to get spots anymore, just maybe the odd one but my skin is noticeably different. The products really do make you feel like your using a luxury brand which uses good quality ingredients.

overall I would rate the products, when used together, a 9/10


Thanks for reading and please comment and let me know your thoughts on Elemis products!
P.s. This is my first review so please let me know your feedback too.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment