Tuesday 11 December 2012

Feeling festive?

I am!
Christmas has got to be my most favourite time of year! I love everything about it! The cold bitter December weather, mince pies, mulled wine and not to mention the king sized Christmas dinner I will be demolishing on Christmas day. I can't wait!




The build up to Christmas plays a big part in how festive people feel...
As I live in the North East my favourite place to go shopping is in Newcastle City Centre, not just because it is open late or because it has a vast selection of shops, bars and restaurants. The reason is the feeling it gives off at this time of year. The lights, decorations and the smell of crepes with nutella and the hog roast van from christmas market all contribute in making me feel christmassy. The sound of buskers on Northumberland Street, putting their own spin on Christmas songs really does put a smile on my face, even whilst walking home from a long day at work. 



Every year there is major competition between the stores in Newcastle on who can decorate, light up and attract the most people to their front windows. Personally, I think John Lewis and Fenwicks are in a league of their own when it comes to visual merchandising. I love John Lewis's ability to make their window seem like it has a meaning. You can tell a lot of thought has been put into the layout and items which are being displayed. It almost reflects their Christmas advert for 2012 which sends out the message about finding the perfect gift.
I could stand outside both stores for hours admiring the amazing gifts and gadgets that I wish I could buy for people... Or myself! 

2 comments: